Welcome to our Wyoming blog. On this blog I have been sharing how we came to move here and the 'adventure' we have been on every since. We started with a hillside, and today (6 years later) are finally putting in some landscaping. We are by no means done. I hope you will come along on our adventure.

I also have 2 other blogs. Big Horn Mountain Creations show cases my quilting and other artistic adventures. Decorating my Tin Shack, is about creating a home thru decorating. Both are on the side bar, I hope you will stop by.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Spring? Winter? Spring???????

One never knows from day to day if it is spring or winter this time of year. Yesterday and today appear to be spring, but Thursday we had 12 hours of rain and snow.

It is rather frustrating when work is planned and you can't do any of it unless the ground is dry, and once the ground drys enough to work and receive deliveries, it rains......sigh, very loud sigh.
We are wanting to build the greenhouse so you can imagine how impatient I am, especially when it rains or snows and the work is put on hold once again, this has been going on for a month now.

I have managed to get some plants out in the wine barrels in the new garden, they are being protected by Wall O Water right now, which will help the green beans and squash survive down to 16 degrees. Next will be to protect them from the deer, but for now they should be fine. Got the seedlings that are still inside planted up yesterday, they are so little. They take up about half of the table.

Rusty decided he wanted to play in the dirt last night, he tore into my two new bags of potting soil. To say I was not happy is an understatement, but then I am not surprised he did it. Not a bad dog, just a puppy who though it would be fun and I am very sure he enjoyed every moment but he also knew he had done a bad thing.

Lady has had enough of the rain and snow and mud it creates, poor old girl was muddy everywhere (she is a black lab), though she did enjoy the brushing she got to the fullest.

All the trees and grasses are greening nicely all around us, we are hoping to get a well put in this year, then I can start a real landscape, WAHOO!..

If you'd like to see what I have been up to in the quilting and crazy quilting area of my life please pop over to my other blog, also check out the new additions to my Etsy shop.

Have a happy day, Until later.

1 comment:

WIPPYSPLACE said...

hehehehe good post! Laci would love to come and play with your puppy in the mud! :o))*~*CAROLE*~*