Welcome to our Wyoming blog. On this blog I have been sharing how we came to move here and the 'adventure' we have been on every since. We started with a hillside, and today (6 years later) are finally putting in some landscaping. We are by no means done. I hope you will come along on our adventure.

I also have 2 other blogs. Big Horn Mountain Creations show cases my quilting and other artistic adventures. Decorating my Tin Shack, is about creating a home thru decorating. Both are on the side bar, I hope you will stop by.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

We have concrete

The rain has stopped, and we have dried out enough to get a cement truck up here.

I am amazed at how this guy can drive this thing, he backed it up our driveway (remember we live on a hill) around the house and into this narrow space. I am impressed, cause there ain't no way I could do that in such a huge truck, in my jeep...sure, but not that thing.

So the pour begins, after deciding if the cement was wet enough, it was a buzz of activity for a couple hours.



















Finial finishing is being done now. This machine makes a nice smooth finish, even creates a shine. This is how the floors were done in my house, they look like they are polished. All of the forms are off now, and we are going to begin (like that mouse in my pocket) the second phase of the build. Which is extending the plumbing for the new section. The back hoe is poised and ready.


No comments: