Welcome to our Wyoming blog. On this blog I have been sharing how we came to move here and the 'adventure' we have been on every since. We started with a hillside, and today (6 years later) are finally putting in some landscaping. We are by no means done. I hope you will come along on our adventure.

I also have 2 other blogs. Big Horn Mountain Creations show cases my quilting and other artistic adventures. Decorating my Tin Shack, is about creating a home thru decorating. Both are on the side bar, I hope you will stop by.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Old Timers

Our little town, just celebrated it's 99th birthday. We began our day with a picnic (I didn't get pictures) at a nearby camp ground/park/ historical site. After the picnic we returned to town for vendor booths, horse races, parade and more. Check out the website for Hyattville. Here you will find alot of fun things that go on around here and see some of the faces that make up this piece of the earth Kirk and I call home.

I worked for a couple months to prepare for the day, making 64 bars of soap and 5 quilts. Here is my "booth" table....it was not very busy since this is the first year for vendor booths. I really can not complain with about 30 or so people who came by I sold 15 bars of soap and a quilt. I think I will do it again next year, and with a whole year to prepare.........I plan to have more items.















I did get pictures of the parade, it was very small but alot of fun.

Here we have the future of Hyattville, they are so adorable.
Sorry this picture is a little blurry, I forgot to take the micro setting off. Sigh.














Now some of the other parade entries. Check out the background, isn't it a pretty place.











































































I hope you have enjoyed the pictures, I have more but did not want to over do it.

After a full day, the bands began and we danced in the street until 12:30.....well, some did Kirk and I quit at about 10:30.....we came home and crashed....a long good day, and a good nights sleep.....

1 comment:

Wendy said...

What an adorable town!!! And how fun, 99 years! I wonder what it will be like celebrating their 100th year in 2009.
Thanks so much for you comment on Melissa's pillow. She did love it, I am so glad! I gave it to her at church yesterday and she had such a sweet reaction that it made me cry. What a sweetie she is! Thanks again,
Wendy