Welcome to our Wyoming blog. On this blog I have been sharing how we came to move here and the 'adventure' we have been on every since. We started with a hillside, and today (6 years later) are finally putting in some landscaping. We are by no means done. I hope you will come along on our adventure.

I also have 2 other blogs. Big Horn Mountain Creations show cases my quilting and other artistic adventures. Decorating my Tin Shack, is about creating a home thru decorating. Both are on the side bar, I hope you will stop by.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Cheesy Egg Pie w/ Marinara Sauce

Eggs

What to do with all of these eggs
I tell you the girls are busy.
This is what they are giving us on an average day.
Well average so far.
I thought I'd share the recipe I made last night.
Now I know I should have taken this picture before
we took some.........


Cheesy Egg Pie with Marinara Sauce
The basic recipe comes from 
Better Homes and Gardens
Complete
Quick and Easy Cookbook
(which I have had for years and years)

3 eggs.....I used 4 eggs because mine were small
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese or
mozzarella cheese (8 ozs) or any cheese you like
3/4 cup cream-style cottage cheese 
1/2 of a 3 oz package cream cheese, cut up

 Note: I added, pepperoni, salami, and broccoli to mine. 
other ideas, ham, onions, green peppers, tomatoes
mushrooms, chicken, ground beef, bacon.

Marinara  (recipe below) or Spaghetti sauce, heated, for serving.

1.  In a small mixer bowl combine eggs, milk,
flour, baking powder, and seasoned salt.  
Beat at low speed until blended.
Add the cheeses and any additional items, 
such as meat and veggies,
 beat until combined
2.  Pour into an ungreased 9 inch pie plate.  
Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven about 35 minutes 
or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
3.  Decorate top with tomato wedges if desired.
Cut into wedges and serve with sauce.


Gail's Marinara Sauce

2 cans tomato sauce or 1 large can
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
2 bay leaves
1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon butter

Combine all in a small sauce pan, and over 
a simmer heat the sauce (lid suggested and left ajar)
turn off heat and let set so flavors can marry.
Warm to serve.
Is even better the next day!

Kirk says I hit this sauce on the head.  So it is a keeper
and why I am sharing it with you.

Here we have a slice that I am having for lunch,
nearly took a bit, then remembered 
the picture. 
I hope you will give this a try, 
let me know how you like it.

Any egg recipes to share? 
 I would love to try them out.

Have a blessed day and
thank you for coming over for a visit.

1 comment:

Susan said...

That looks so good, and the recipe sounds easy enough I could do it. =) Thanks for sharing. That's a lot of eggs. Can one freeze eggs?