Welcome to our Wyoming blog. On this blog I have been sharing how we came to move here and the 'adventure' we have been on every since. We started with a hillside, and today (6 years later) are finally putting in some landscaping. We are by no means done. I hope you will come along on our adventure.

I also have 2 other blogs. Big Horn Mountain Creations show cases my quilting and other artistic adventures. Decorating my Tin Shack, is about creating a home thru decorating. Both are on the side bar, I hope you will stop by.

Monday, July 16, 2012

A New Adventure



A new adventure begins here on our homestead in Wyoming
We have cows!

It is a huge learning curve but we are excited
to be raising our own beef.

Here you see our first group, 7 in all.
We also have acquired 3 pair, 
which a pair is a mama and baby.

In the first group (pictured) we got 2 heifers, a bull, and 
4 steer.  The oldest being about a year old.
We have some really good pasture, these are
to be grass fed and we hope to custom raise beef
for folks.  Gentleness and calm are our mantra.

I know it has been a long time since I have posted, just 
busy and not much exciting to tell.

We also have had some chicks hatched but a 
very attentive mama, they are in their new home now
and mama is back to regular chicken business.
Another girl is setting so we will see if she
brings us any chicks


 

3 comments:

Susan said...

So, 13 in all? That's a lot of cows! Good luck with this. Your homestead is turning into a real farm! Who's pasture?

Faye said...

Hi Gail, You have laying hens! I hope to do that too some day! It's been a long time since I have left a comment or even read your blog. We are finally getting started out there with a cabin type building that I call my bunkhouse. He's digging the foundation today and hopefully I will have pictures to post as it goes along. I'll try to pay attention more to your posts again and I'll go look at your other blogs. Hope all is well there! Faye http://thedirtranch.blogspot.com/

Tara Pantera said...

Hi, Gail! I recently discovered your blog because I bought 40 acres of land in Ft. Laramie. I was very glad to find you! I'm not sure where you're located, but how did you acquire your cows? I'm just curious...livestock auction? Newspaper ad? Congrats, btw...you're WAY ahead of me!