Welcome to our Wyoming blog. On this blog I have been sharing how we came to move here and the 'adventure' we have been on every since. We started with a hillside, and today (6 years later) are finally putting in some landscaping. We are by no means done. I hope you will come along on our adventure.

I also have 2 other blogs. Big Horn Mountain Creations show cases my quilting and other artistic adventures. Decorating my Tin Shack, is about creating a home thru decorating. Both are on the side bar, I hope you will stop by.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Surprise....A Post!

Hi Everyone
Today I got a nice email from Doreena, she had been cruising around my blog and noticed I had not posted in a very, very long time.  So she wrote me a nice email.  Your so right Doreena, it has been forever (nearly a year) since I have posted.   I could come up with alot of excuses but the fact of the matter is I have just been lax at sharing what is happening around the homestead. 

The picture I have added today is what I am seeing outside my window this mid April day 2013.  We woke up to 6 to 8 inches (depending on where you put the tape) of snow, I did not expect it.  Just yesterday I was working in the flower garden, and the veggie garden the day before.  Like everyone else I am ready to plant.  I am afraid though that the fruit tree may be in trouble as it is suppose to be only 10 degrees tonight......:(   It is its second year so I guess I would not have gotten much fruit, but it would have been fun to have my own plum or two.  The apricot is still waking up so maybe we will see some blooms on it. 

Some of the things I need to share with you, building a retaining wall (out of tires), learning to can, a potato experiment,  my hugelkultur attempt, and other gardening things, building a red neck kitchen (outdoor kitchen).  This year we plan to add a carport and a porch, so will need to tell you about those. 

Thank you for supporting my efforts to share and Doreena, I will work on sharing what is happening around here. 

Hugs to all,
Gail

No comments: