Welcome to our Wyoming blog. On this blog I have been sharing how we came to move here and the 'adventure' we have been on every since. We started with a hillside, and today (6 years later) are finally putting in some landscaping. We are by no means done. I hope you will come along on our adventure.

I also have 2 other blogs. Big Horn Mountain Creations show cases my quilting and other artistic adventures. Decorating my Tin Shack, is about creating a home thru decorating. Both are on the side bar, I hope you will stop by.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Constructing the Carport


 Carport Construction Begins

We have been wanting a carport for sometime now.
With no garage to park the cars in
we need a carport/er....truckport.  
We have enjoyed a concrete pad out in front of the shop area.
So nice, instead of mud.

Now it is time to add some protection for the
trucks, to protect them from sun, and help
keep some of the snow off of them. 

So here is the before.....

Trusses built and ready to go up.
After I helped Kirk get the first logs into position, Justin and Mike came
by and helped put up the first truss.
Thank goodness, cause that was more then
I can handle.
And Justin (closest to us) is very comfortable up high like that.
I know some are asking...What is that building that is in the way?
It is a shed....er....trailer box, it will be remaining in place.
I know it is not normal.....remember "Red Neck".
What about permits, not something our county does.
Getting ready to put up the stringer, to attach the truss to the shop.
Stringers installed first truss is up.
Andy came over to help Kirk, with the remaining
stringers on the first truss and install the second truss.
Thank goodness for equipment like the skidsteer, to help do the heavy, 
high lifting.  How did they do this stuff in the old days.
More stringers and overhang.
Here is where we ended up by the end of the weekend.  
So thankful for all the help.

No comments: